Job Description Summary
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all transportation requirements are met for inbound and outbound STEMCELL Vancouver shipments. The Logistics Specialist will also actively contribute to building a scalable and sustainable STEMCELL Global Logistics Program.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day liaison with Carriers, Freight Forwarders and other external partners to schedule shipments, obtain shipment estimates, determine best service and routing, and to troubleshoot and/or investigate delays and other issues.
- Day-to-day tracking of shipments to identify and resolve delays and other issues, and to ensure that agreed to service levels are met.
- Generates transportation documentation as needed, including certificates or statements related to transportation, shipper's letters of instruction, and specialized waybills.
- Day-to-day Transportation Logistics support for Distribution, Purchasing, Sales, Customer Service, and other STEMCELL groups and functions as needed.
- Ensure cold chain requirements are met for applicable shipments and routes.
- Coordinating, communicating and executing shipment requirements with global STEMCELL facilities and offices.
- Auditing of freight invoices to ensure accurate billing by service providers, and to identify and recover over-payments as needed. Also, auditing of freight invoices against amounts charged customers to ensure STEMCELL cost recovery meets company policy and objectives.
- Freight claim management, including filing freight claims and following through to recovery.
- Ensure record keeping requirements, as it relates to transportation, are maintained for all Vancouver locations.
- Assisting in researching, understanding and communicating transportation regulations and standards throughout the organization to ensure products and processes comply with requirements.
- Working with the Manager, Global Logistics to identify and track relevant transportation metrics.
- Working with the Manager, Global Logistics to identify and ensure transportation policies and solutions are in place to meet STEMCELL needs. This includes participating in and/or leading projects.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement initiatives and participate in continuous improvement related to the Logistics.
- Comply with the Company's quality system to the requirements of ISO 13485.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in supply chain/logistics, and/or international trade disciplines
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Logistics or similar role.
- IATA and Transportation of Dangerous Goods knowledge and experience would be an asset.
- Understanding of North American and International transportation modes and networks (air, ocean and trucking).
- Strong organizational, writing, time management, communication and relationship building skills are essential.
- High proficiency level of Microsoft Office Suite and /or Google Apps
- Experience with a large scale ERP is an asset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, effectively contribute to cross department collaborations and communications.
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement of processes.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics