Ballard Power Systems has an opening for a legal administrative assistant to support the Legal Department. This position is regular, full-time at 5 days (40 hours) per week.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, the successful candidate will be highly motivated, energetic, proactive, and will be responsible for a wide range of duties. Responsibilities:
- Assisting lawyers and paralegal in the preparation of legal documents and correspondence
- Providing word processing assistance to the legal department including formatting documents, processing revisions, comparing documents and etc.
- Providing administrative support to the lawyers and paralegal in the department including filing, scheduling meetings, managing appointments, processing invoices and expenses, and any legal affairs
• Manage legal calendars for meetings, appointments, due dates and updating accordingly
- Coordinating travel arrangements
• Managing the day-to-day operation of the department document management system including opening electronic files, organizing documents and files, and closing files
• Organizing and updating legal department's database under supervision of lawyers and paralegal
• Responding and attending to routine inquiries and requests from internal business units and external clients
- Conducting corporate and other searches
- Providing general administrative support to legal department when required
- Graduate from an accredited legal administrative assistant program or applicable work experience
- 1-5 years of legal assistant experience in in-house legal department or law firm setting
- Excellent computer and technical skills in all aspects of MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently, ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity in all aspects of work
- Flexibility and attention to detail required
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to take initiative, be responsive, proactive, detailed, professional and a great team player!
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellence | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates