At Amazon, our mission is to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Training department as a Learning Manager.
The Learning Manager is an active member of the NAFC ACES Operations Learning team, driving and supporting network-wide initiatives. Successful candidates will have a creative, true hands-on approach, as well as strong knowledge of warehousing/manufacturing, instructional design, Learning Management Systems and data-driven, analytical thinking skills. In addition, effective presentation and persuasion skills are a must. This role requires the ability to influence without authority.
The Learning Manager will:
Actively manage a team of training specialists including their deployment, development and productivity. Ensure that the work of the team and individuals is continually aligned to meet internal customer's needs. Act as a proactive and productive liaison/partner with the corporate NAFC ACES Operations Learning Department consistently seeking to make a positive impact on key business safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience metrics.
• Foster the development and growth of Amazon employees (i.e., mentoring, teaching, etc.).
• Create and implement training programs for associates, managers, trainers and others (i.e., participating in and conducting needs analysis, skills development classes, cross-training, etc.).
• Facilitate orientation and training classes; communicate policies and procedures to managers and new employees as needed.
• Ensure that the Learning Department creates/updates accurate and useful information for Training schools, PMVs, SJIs, and other training aids/visuals.
• Actively seek, clarify and understand information from Operations and Area Managers that leads to an understanding and ownership of FC performance and goals and required YOY improvements and provide training assistance where necessary in order to achieve these goals. Fully understand workflow, daily production goals and reports used to drive the business.
• React quickly and efficiently to production imperatives, scheduling conflicts and network-wide rollouts.
• Ensure and drive best practices standardization across all departments and sites.
• Ensure network standard training programs are implemented and consistently utilized as required in the fulfillment center
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Basic Qualifications Basic qualifications
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience. Master's degree preferred.
• Resume that shows steady progression in Training/Learning Management for the last 5+ years
• 5+ years of related experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
• Experience delivering training/information to peers, hourly associates, and senior management.
• Experience coaching and delivering messages related to performance.
• Experience developing and implementing department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
• Experience interpreting data analytics
• Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office Suite
• Experience working with hourly employees, as well as exempt personnel
Preferred Qualifications For preferred qualifications , we prefer that:
• You have a bachelor's or MBA degree in Engineering, Operations or related field.
• You have 5 or more years of management experience in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment. You also have experience motivating and leading a contingent workforce.
• You are leader and exhibit that in your everyday work. You not only have experience in managing 5 or more front-line supervisors, you also lead large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
• You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates and meet it.
• You don't hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
• You volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
• You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
Management and Executive