The People Experience Design & Research team is reinventing how MILLIONS join Amazon and thrive in their work lives. We help create products and experiences for employees throughout their career at Amazon-from seasoned industry veterans looking for their next adventure, to new junior talent looking to make their mark on the world, to associates managing their schedules and paychecks at the beating heart of Amazon's Fulfillment Center network. Our customers are every single Amazon employee, plus those looking to join us-including you!
We are seeking a Sr. UX Writer to own and define how we communicate with the users of our products at scale and across the globe, playing your part in evolving Amazon into the go-to destination to balance life and career goals. As the Lead UX Writer, you'll work with a cross-functional, highly capable team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to craft experiences that are simple, straightforward and human. You'll define and create standards, patterns, and mechanisms to elevate all of our copy to be crisp, clear, and transparent-whether you're creating user interface text, short-form help content, notifications, or insights.
The ideal candidate is a a savvy communicator with an impeccable ear for voice and tone-and the ability to ruthlessly eliminate the unnecessary. You're obsessed with understanding the nuances of how our customers think, and you fiercely advocate for the best possible solutions for them. You strive to ensure that customers have the right information-presented in perfect harmony with the visual and interactive design elements of the UX. You quickly gain expertise in the products and services to which you provide content, using them as a user would. You proactively gather data to inform your decisions, and demonstrate sound judgement when faced with ambiguity. You identify opportunities and risks, escalate effectively, and ensure resolution.
• Collaborate with UX designers, product teams, and researchers to craft clear, concise UI text for a variety of surfaces (in-app, notifications, error messages, null states, and more).
• Content Audits.
• Creation of content templates.
• Content strategy.
• Drive new processes and mechanisms to establish a unified approach, and drive alignment on voice and tone.
• Promote UX writing across HR and provide editorial feedback and coaching to product team members.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio
• 5+ years experience as a UX Writer or similar role with a UX or Product Design team.
• A strong portfolio of relevant writing samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and the impact to the customer.
• Well-honed ability to craft impactful communications across a spectrum of styles and genres.
• Impeccable attention to detail; excellent grammar and copywriting skills.
• Experience creating terminology and usage lists, editorial patterns, and UI text style guidelines.
• Positive energy and leadership capabilities, as well as a willingness to work outside of a typical content role to deliver holistic solutions to customer problems.
• Proven success at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with large-scale systems and applications
• Strong bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Experience working within rapid, iterative design and agile development processes.
• Hands-on experience with: content inventories and audits, content mapping and modeling, voice and tone guidelines, and governance documentation.
• Experience writing about technical systems for non-technical users.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.