Does the idea of solving interesting, complex problems excite you? Are you a team leader that relishes the idea of positively affecting others through your work? Is it time to take your Software Development career to the next level? Do we have your attention? If so, keep reading to learn more about our Software Development Engineering role and explore the Seller Experience Team's opportunities at Amazon.
Our software solutions make Amazon's Marketplace Sellers more successful and provide our Software Development teams the opportunity to work on truly unique problems and that helps drive impact for one of our largest core businesses. How cool is that?
You should be able to utilize your keen research skills to seek out the answers to the tough questions posed to the team. Coming up with those answers means that you will work on unique projects at massive scale and develop never seen before software solutions. As a team leader, you employ your ability to build strong relationships across cross functional teams as well as your superior communication skills to fully understand the problem and then translate non-technical issues into technical solutions.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education building software systems.
• 7+ years professional experience in software development.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++, Golang, Scala or Python.
• Experience mentoring and or leading software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective product software engineers.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
• Hands-on expertise or passion for learning Machine Learning.
Software and Programming