Job ID GRQA222 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer who specializes in writing code to test the product. They are responsible for the overall test coverage, test code and automation frameworks within their Agile team.
As a Lead, you will manage a small team of SDETs and provide direction on coding, automation and testing initiatives. You will drive growth in the team's automation coverage including design and implementation of the test frameworks. You will be responsible for organizing the team's testing efforts to deliver quality software releases. You will work hands-on with the code and will participate in the team's testing activities. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Manage performance assessments and hiring for a small team of SDETs
- Drive the team's testing and automation strategies
- Define and organize the teams test planning for releases
- Design and code automation frameworks, tests and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Propose and implement improvements to automation and test processes
- Develop and maintain shared testing libraries
- Provide training, mentorship and support to other members of the team
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 8 years of experience in test development
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading a small team
- Strong understanding of Java programming languages
- Expertise applying test practices in an agile environment
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Selenium WebDriver and JMeter
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Web technologies such as CSS3, HTML5 or Extend.JS (Sencha)
- Network protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Continuous integration systems such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Multi-threaded programming
- Design patterns
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 15, 2018
Closes: January 14, 2019