April 30, 2021
The Lead QA Developer, RACE21™ leads our software quality program to ensure the reliability and stability of the advanced analytics solutions we deliver to Teck's site staff. The RACE21™ Lead QA Developer has a passion for QA automation, keen attention to detail and thoroughness in test planning, and demonstrated success building a QA team to support advanced analytics applications. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Use agile practices and a variety of software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions and deliver a great end-user experience
- Collaborate and work closely with other agile team members and software vendors to craft clear user stories from a quality perspective, design tests, and ensure high-quality product delivery
- Ensure that the team follows up-to-date practices and industry standards to advance quality, maintainability, performance, and security
- Collaboratively challenge conventions and ideas to help the team avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Minimum of five years of Quality Assurance exposure
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- Highly developed skills in test planning and test automation technologies
- Expereince and passion for building and leading diverse high-performing teams
- Strong vendor managment expereince and skills
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and professional experience on an agile team, including pair programming
- Keen collaborator and clear communicator, responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Passionate about the impact of emerging technologies, actively pursues new skills and ideas as a developer and as a leader
- Self-starter who embraces a culture of transparency and trust, and thrives in an environment of rapid change and growth
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Developer, Social Media, Computer Science, Sustainability, Technology, Marketing, Mining, Energy