Closing Date: May 23, 2022
Join a growing team dedicated to improving our environmental footprint!
Reporting to the Manager, Applied Research and Development, the Lead or Senior Lead, Research and Development (R&D) is responsible for leading water quality R&D projects. You will collaborate with internal and external partners to develop research programs and safely execute those programs at our active mine sites as a part of Teck's overall commitment to the Elk Valley Water Quality Plan. The Lead or Senior Lead title will be issued based on experience.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who can coordinate and manage consultants and contractors. Someone who is self-motivated and collaborates well with a multi-disciplinary team. Someone who is adaptable, and able to prioritize demands in a fast-paced, field environment.
In this role you will have the chance to make a substantial contribution to the sustainability of mining and improving water quality. You will be scaling up and implementing exciting new technologies in the field, changing the way we manage mine waste.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead projects in the field, through to implementation
- Collaborate with Environment and Social Responsibility to acquire permits and work with regulators to transition R&D projects to technologies that can be relied on to improve water quality
- Balance the technical needs of research programs with the practical requirements of active mining environments
- Act as project manager to set engineering scope, develop engineering RFPs, and evaluate proposals
- Deliver technical presentations to both internal and external partners
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Engineering or Science degree in civil, chemical, geological, mining, environmental, or a related field
- Five years of experience deploying projects in an industrial setting; preferably in a mining environment
- Experience leading technical projects in the field
- Working knowledge of relevant disciplines such as geochemistry, hydrogeology, hydrology, and microbiology
- Research and development experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Geology, Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Engineering, Science