December 26, 2018
Reporting to the Supervisor, Mining Systems, the Lead, Mining Systems is responsible for providing leadership and direction to a team of professionals that deliver and maintain leading edge technology that is transforming the way Teck operates its large-scale mining operations worldwide. Technologies include autonomous and tele-remote equipment, rugged mobile computers, and systems to optimize fleet management, machine guidance, geotechnical monitoring, and operator safety. This position offers a compressed work week with alternating Friday's off. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Mentor and coach a high performing group of technology professionals
- Effectively engage people at all levels in the organization across all Teck operations and corporate offices
- Support innovation initiatives at Teck such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Internet of Things, and Augmented / Virtual Reality initiatives
- Provide technical leadership to Teck's autonomous haulage and integrated operations initiatives
- Define, implement, support, and continuously improve leading edge mining systems that optimize safety, sustainability, and productivity
- Assist with preparation and management of budgets, and employee performance management
- Demonstrated ability to drive the successful adoption of new technology
- Closely collaborate with internal and external teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
- Facilitate and support cyber-security improvements, incident response, and forensics
- Work with other technology leaders to help shape and evolve Teck's digital technology strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering is preferred. Other engineering disciplines or a Computer Science degree may be considered
- Eight or more years of senior level experience delivering and supporting information technology systems in an industrial setting, preferably in mining
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent program and project management skills and strong knowledge of business analysis techniques
- Excellent analytical, root cause analysis, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, virtualization, Active Directory, and computer networking fundamentals is required
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems would be an asset
- Experience working with mining systems such as vehicle automation, tele-remote operation, fleet management, GNSS, geotechnical monitoring, or related systems is preferred
- Experience working with wireless and wired networks that employ an ISA-99 or a similar multi-zone security model would be an asset
- Knowledge of Cyber Security principles would be an asset
- Knowledge of serial, CANBUS, and digital I/O interfaces and related communication protocols would be an asset
- Ability to work independently in a distributed team
- Working level Spanish would be an asset
- Ability to travel as necessary to support Teck's mining operations in North and South America
- Valid class five driver's license with a clean driving record
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-CP2 Job Segment:
Engineer, Network, Geology, Social Media, Engineering, Technology, Mining, Marketing
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019