WSP is currently seeking a highly motivated Lead Geotechnical Engineer to join our Ground Engineering and Materials Team in Kelowna, BC. You will be part of a large, highly successful team, using your skills to assist in the management of various large-scale projects throughout BC and Yukon.
- Work collaboratively with engineering staff on geotechnical consulting projects;
- Share technical knowledge across geographical boundaries to foster innovative project solutions;
- Lead and prepare geotechnical studies and engineering reports providing recommendations on various geotechnical aspects in projects, based on studies and project-specific work;
- Provide geotechnical engineering expertise to support multi-disciplinary projects such as highways, bridges, buildings, dams, industrial infrastructure, tunneling, etc.;
- Develop and lead projects requiring geotechnical investigation programs, prepare bidding documents, solicit bids, evaluate subcontractor submissions and support project engineers as part of their mandate;
- Assess and evaluate geotechnical issues encountered, such as: settlements, liquefaction potential, slope stabilization, interstitial overpressure development, preferential flow, frost heave, excavation and backfilling procedures, etc.;
- Support field operations through supervision and monitoring of boreholes, in situ tests, piezocone soundings, reconnaissance trenches, as well as miscellaneous construction work such as soil embankment construction, subgrade compaction assessment, installation of geosynthetics, etc.;
- You may be required to perform other tasks as part of your role in the team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- A degree in Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registeration, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with EGBC.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, Geomechanics Engineer, or related position.
- Knowledge of standard geotechnical software such as GeoStudio, Ensoft, Rocscience or other similar software suites.
- A high amount of initiative and self-directed approach to project work and delivery.
- Strong track record of managing and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to perform critical evaluation of outputs for geotechnical analyses
Expected Salary (all locations): $99 300 - $168 900
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.