October 26, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Environment, the Lead Environment, Systems is responsible for executing environmental programs vital to ensuring compliance relating to air, waste, and environmental management systems at an operational level. You will support our Environment and Social Responsibility teams in the areas of permitting, biodiversity, and regional air quality.
To be successful, we are looking for someone that demonstrates a balance of operational experience, applied technical abilities in air quality, dust mitigation, waste and spill management and regulatory processes; someone who can adapt quickly in a dynamic work environment, and has an aptitude for innovative, solutions-based critical thinking. Lastly, this role requires an individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who has the ability to build and maintain relationships.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead our Environmental Management System and operational air, waste, and sustainability programs
- Lead internal and external audit programs such as ISO certification audits
- Provide technical direction and field support for emerging environmental issues
- Collaborate with, and develop and maintain working relationships with, Engineering, Processing, Maintenance, and Operations internal teams, as well as external agencies
- Understand applicable commitments, permits, acts, regulations, and associated requirements to advise management decisions and activities
- Prepare and submit all vital data and reports to meet regulatory and other commitments, including presentation of technical information to a variety of audiences
- Manage and support compliance and development projects
- Engineering or Science degree or diploma in an environmental related field
- Holding a professional designation and meeting the BC provincial requirements of a qualified professional for applicable programs is an asset
- Minimum five years' experience providing technical direction on operational air quality or waste management related risks and challenges associated with resource management
- Technical knowledge of federal and provincial compliance practices and regulations related to air quality, waste management, spill response, and remediation
- Technical understanding of soil or water chemistry and experience with risk evaluations
- Excellent project management experience with a track record that includes management and technical direction of multiple environmental projects and budgets
- Proficient in environmental data management, analysis, reporting, and environmental databases
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Environmental Engineering, Engineer, Law, Air Quality, Engineering, Legal, Mining