We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now! What you'll do
The Enterprise Cloud Service (ECS) Launch Advisor Expert for RISE is responsible for supporting and managing the onboarding coordination of all activities related to launching a PCE/RISE solution when working mainly with large complex opportunities where a GSSP/SI and Hyperscalers are engaged. They are responsible for helping develop a project plan across all key stakeholders (i.e., Customer, System Integrator, Hyperscaler, hardware vendor and SAP Cloud Lines of Business), along with providing leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering project outputs as defined by the overall scope and expectations set during the sale's cycle. The Launch Advisor ensures adherence to project management methodology, provides project management support, performs reviews, develops a sustainable governance model, and reinforces enterprise knowledge sharing through the communication of best practices and lessons learned.
The ECS Launch Advisor assists during the PCE/RISE or other Private Cloud Sale's Cycle of the customer engagement by providing input into the solution planning especially in the area of the engagement model, solution architecture, project structure, team organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The ECS Launch Advisor has ability to manage complex cloud projects that require coordination of work between various parties like RISE Sales and Pre-sales, Global Account Managers, third party sub-contractors, ECS Delivery, Various Certified Hardware Vendors, SAP Services, and other SAP Cloud Lines of Business. Your day-to-day activities and tasks will include the following:
- Define appropriate delivery model for ECS onboarding based on customer expectations, estimated delivery dates, partner involvement and overall program scope.
- Develop a program schedule in coordination with the customer and stakeholders
- Assist in determining required resources and skillsets for the project
- Assess, document and communicate risks for the engagement and develop risk mitigation planning
- Experience in strategic management and alignment when working within the broader SAP partner ecosystem
- Align with commercial and technical stakeholders across the customer landscape to help manage expectations
- Coordinate and merge project planning and scheduling across the customer, System Integrator, HEC premium supplier and SAP into one master program plan
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the program objectives, and motivate the team to achieve them; create a collaborative environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Ensure proper use of best practices, tools and processes
- Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
- Evaluate technical options and alternatives for delivering or offering services in a more efficient or cost effective manner.
- Builds customer relationships with the clear expectation to deliver follow-on business or identify opportunities within an account. Deals with difficult issues at the customer and finds win-win solutions for both Customer and SAP.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements and impacts to timelines.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Communicate and/or escalate project issues early to account and delivery management.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer references and success stories.
- Review technical solution architecture and ensure it aligns with the program planning and scheduling.
- Review estimated delivery dates and project work streams to help manage expectations on delivery planning and execution
- Takes responsibility for driving overall program and delivery planning
What you'll bring
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge bases; analyze lessons learned and share with team community outlets (i.e. JAM sites).
- Participate in the development of lessons learned and enhancements to best practices and delivery processes
- 15+ years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects
- 10+ years of supervisory or coaching experience in customer facing role
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams within a highly dynamic landscape
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, and risk management plan
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bringing projects to successful completion
Education, Qualities, and Additional Skills:
We build breakthroughs together
- University degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training
- Excellent understanding of SAP applications and cloud delivery business processes and functions, ideally in the private cloud environment
- Highly developed technical and program management acumen
- Understanding of the technology and business model of Hyperscalers as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of highly political sensitivity and conflicting interests
- Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets
- Ability to train and mentor project managers or teams in project management methodologies
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team members
- Master's degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or MBA an asset
- Fluent English skills mandatory. Another language as Spanish, French would be considered as an asset
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy . Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 346115 | Work Area: Sales Support | Expected Travel: 0 - 50% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Requisition ID: 346115
Posted Date: Jun 21, 2022
Work Area: Sales Support
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9
Customer Service and Support Sales and Marketing