Alexa is the groundbreaking, cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. The Household Organization team is focused on making Alexa the best assistant to simplify life - helping families stay organized and connected to each other and making life run a little more smoothly. From setting timers while cooking to checking daily schedules and waking up to Alexa's alarm tone, we help customers manage their time more easily using only their voice. We also help customers get things done and keep their lives in order with services like shopping and to-do lists that are becoming daily habits for people.
Amazon is seeking a Data Specialist to join our team as a leader and domain expert. This role focuses on expanding analysis and evaluation of speech and interaction data deliverables. The Data Specialist will become an expert in dialog evaluation processes, work closely with a team of skilled analysts, and be a key member in developing new conventions for relevant workflows. The Data Specialist will be asked to handle unique data analysis requests that support the overall processing of a data collection and analysis team.
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, you will
• Own data analyses for a domain of customer-facing features, including launch go/no-go metrics for new features and accuracy metrics for existing features.
• Handle unique data analysis requests from a range of stakeholders, including quantitative and qualitative analyses to elevate customer experience with speech interfaces
• Lead and evaluate changing dialog evaluation conventions, test tooling developments, and pilot processes to support expansion to new data areas
• Continuously evaluate workflow tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable.
• Provide day-to-day expert support for a large and growing team of data analysts.
• Provide key support for ongoing and new data collection efforts.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Data Analytics, BI, Linguistics, Computer Linguistics, or Statistics
• 1+ years experience working with data analysis
• Experience with language annotation and other forms of data markup
• Experience with process design and documentation
• Experience communicating research findings and analysis in both written and spoken channelsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficiency in scripting, querying and/or analytics tools: Bash, R, Python, SAS, or similar tool.
• Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs.
• Experience working with speech and/or language data.
• Fluency in English and multiple non-english languages
• Expertise in building ontologies, taxonomies, and semantic relation frameworks
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional level of organization
• Experience taking a lead role on large, fast-moving projects
• Strong technical and analytical aptitude
• Masters or PhD in a relevant field