** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a Registered Laboratory Technologist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Laboratory department.
Performs laboratory work and related duties in the fields of Biochemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, and Microbiology. Reports data obtained to the physicians. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Tuesday to Saturday, Days - 08:00 to 14:30, 08:30 to 12:30, 07:30 to 15:30
On Call for vacation relief St. Johns Hospital
is a 21 acute-care bed facility. The Hospital serves the communities of Vanderhoof and the Saik'uz First Nation, as well as acting as a referral centre for the surrounding communities of Burns Lake, Fort St James and Fraser Lake. They are a full service hospital with 24/7 emergency and OR capabilities. St. Johns Hospital is a teaching facility for the University of Northern BC. Attached to the hospital is Stuart Nechako Manor that has 45 long-term care beds.Vanderhoof
has a population of 4,500 (2021). Nestled in the fertile Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, rural Vanderhoof is the geographical centre of the province of British Columbia. Check out Vanderhoof where there is always something new to experience. What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Successful completion of an approved course in Medical Technology.
• Registration with the British Columbia Society of Laboratory Science (BCSLS). Skills and Abilities:
• Accuracy in performance of duties.
• Ability to recognize discrepancies; to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to concentrate.
• Ability to remain calm in emergencies.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Keen perception and good judgment are required.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.