** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Laboratory Technologist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Multi-Function Lab department.
Reporting to the Chief Technologist performs routine lab procedures. May rotates through various disciplines (Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine, Microbiology, and Anatomical Pathology). Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings - 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 11:00 to 19:00, rotating
On call 1 to 3 times per week. With picked up hours this is more than equivalent to a full time position. Bulkley Valley District Hospital
is a 19-bed acute care hospital which integrates home and community care into one facility. Services include emergency/outpatient, medical/surgical, maternity, palliative care, laboratory, radiology, pediatrics, home & community care and community cancer clinic. The medical staff in Smithers consists of family physicians, anesthetists, a pediatrician, visiting surgeons and other specialists. Smithers
has a population of 5,401 (2021) local residents and is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges that provide a backdrop for the towns' Alpine setting. Check out Smithers where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Laboratory technology program; R.T. (General).
• Eligible for certification from the Canadian Society of Laboratory Technologists. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with others in the health care field.
• Ability to sustain attention to accuracy and detail over extended periods.
• Ability to keep abreast of technological developments in the field.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.