** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Laboratory Technologist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Multi-Function Lab department.
Performs laboratory work and related duties in the fields of Biochemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Urology and Microbiology. Reports data obtained to the physician. Works under supervision of the Chief Medical Technologist.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 07:00 to 15:00, 09:30 to 17:30 Wrinch Memorial Hospital
, a fully accredited acute care facility. It is a full service hospital with visiting specialists in podiatry, geriatric assessment, cardiology, pediatric cardiology, internal medicine, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, general surgery, otolaryngology, pediatrics, respiratory and allergy, rheumatology, and occupational therapy.The Hazeltons
(Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are nestled within the spectacularly rugged Roche de Boule Mountain Range in Northern British Columbia with a population of 827 (2021). Hazelton, also known as Old Hazelton, is on the banks of the Skeena River near the world-famous 'Ksan Historical Village and museum. Check out The Hazeltons , known as the historic heartland of northwest BC.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Must have successfully completed an approved C.S.M.L.S. course in Medical Technology, and be registered with the C.S.M.L.S.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
• Must have demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.