Job Description Summary
Are you looking to grow your scientific career in the fast-paced and collaborative environment of Canadian biotech? If you're a passionate, innovative problem solver who works well within a team and enjoys troubleshooting, then this position at STEMCELL Technologies-Canada's largest biotech company-may be for you!
The Laboratory Services Assistant is the Facilities Operations face for the Laboratory team. This is a very hands-on role that is a great entry-level opportunity to join the company and learn about laboratory operations, while interacting with different teams.
**The Laboratory Services Assistant must be able to commute to any of our offices in Vancouver or Burnaby - all transit accessible. Additionally, they must accommodate early hours (6:30am- 7:00am PT start), and have the flexibility to work on weekend shifts.**Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Responsible for the daily lab waste management, including recycling, disposal, and decontamination of waste
- Operate autoclaves to prepare sterile materials, reagents, and equipment
- Ensure that operations and maintenance are conducted in accordance with STEMCELL's Quality Management Systems (QMS), including ISO13485 documentation deficiencies and non-conformances and complete reports as required
- Monitor incubators and maintain daily inventory of supplies
- Adhere to and contribute to promoting a high level of safety within the lab and building environments
- Bachelor in Science Degree with 0-3 years of relevant experience in facilities operations and/or lab support services
- Customer focused mindset with excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) and Google with the ability to learn new programs as required
- First Aid / Safety knowledge is an asset
- This position requires standing for extended periods of time, repetitive tasks and/or lifting heavy objects on a regular basis (up to 40 lbs)
#United #LI-Onsite #LI-AC1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists-standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$46,700.00 - $63,100.00
STEMCELL determines an individual's pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL'svaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Operations and Logistics