Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Laboratory department.
Under the supervision of the Chief Technologist or designate, the Laboratory Assistant performs specimen collection, preparation and testing, and performs related clerical and other laboratory support functions. Performs inpatient and/or outpatient Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, and/or Holter monitor testing as required, and explains test procedures. Performs routine equipment cleaning and maintenance. May be required to travel to other NH facilities as requested.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, Days, Evenings, 06:00 to 14:00, 10:00 to 18:00, 12:00 to 20:00 GR Baker Memorial Hospital
is a full care hospital with 26 acute beds, four ICU beds and five crisis stabilization beds. Some services provided are laboratory, diagnostic imaging, pharmacy, home and community care and home support, mental health and addictions, general surgery, internal medicine, otolaryngology (ENT), community cancer care, physiotherapy, respiratory therapy, environmental health and speech and language therapy. Visiting specialists in cardiology, pediatrics, orthopaedics, plastic surgery, urology and ophthalmology. Quesnel
has a population of 10,000 (2021) local residents and is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world's largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. Check out Quesnel for more information on this outdoor playground and its access to a wealth of adventures.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.Qualfications
• Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License if applicable.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to type at 25 w.p.m.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.