** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
If you are looking for friendly, supportive staff, work life balance and affordable living this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
Under the supervision of the Chief Technologist or designate, the Laboratory Assistant performs specimen collection, preparation and testing, and performs related clerical and other laboratory support functions. Performs inpatient and/or outpatient Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, and/or Holter monitor testing as required, and explains test procedures. Performs routine equipment cleaning and maintenance.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
: Monday - Friday; 08:00-16:00 Lakes District Hospital
is a 12 acute bed hospital that offers emergency services, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, rehabilitation, pharmacy. There is one labour/delivery/recovery suite and 1 palliative care room. There are provision for public health, mental health and addictions, and home and community care service, as well as local physician and emergency services. Burns Lake
has a population of 1,779 (2021) local residents and serves the surrounding areas of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako estimating a population of 7,000. Wilderness and some of BC's largest freshwater lakes where sport fishing is a popular activity for both locals and tourists surround Burns Lake. Check out Burns Lake for more information on this family friendly community.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Three/Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support is available for moving expenses for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC Qualifications
Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to type at 25 w.p.m.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.