** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Lab Assistant looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Laboratory department.
Under the supervision of the Chief Technologist or designate, the Laboratory Assistant performs specimen collection, preparation and testing, and performs related clerical and other laboratory support functions. Performs inpatient and/or outpatient Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, and/or Holter monitor testing as required, and explains test procedures. Performs routine equipment cleaning and maintenance.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday, 07:30 to 14:00, 07:30 to 15:00Fraser Lake Community Health Centre
is a diagnostic and treatment centre with no in-patient or overnight beds. It has four outpatient beds for emergency stabilization and transfer and provide services such as diagnostic imaging, laboratory, and community palliative care support. Other services include primary care, mental health & substance use, occupational therapy, and dietitian.Fraser Lake
has a population of 1,354 local residents. It marks the eastern edge of the Lakes District, and is located in a land dotted with lakes, rivers, mountain ranges and valleys, where outdoor recreation truly knows no limits. . Check out [a https://www.northernhealth.ca/our-communities/fraser-lake Fraser Lake for more information on this unique rural community.[/a]What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to type at 25 w.p.m.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.