Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet currently has open position for Kernel Developer to perform system-level programming on a Unix-like Operating System. This is an exciting opportunity for a Kernel Developer to work on exciting Networking Technology specific to Network Application Delivery with the opportunity to design, architect and implement new features. Job Experience & Skills Required
- Applicants are expected to be able demonstrate a significant subset of the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience in kernel development in a Unix-like Operating System.
- A keen understanding of programming on multi-core and multi-processor platforms.
- Unix device drivers experience, ideally for high-speed networking devices.
- Significant experience implementing of modifying networking internals code including the IP stack, Routing, Sockets API, network security, link load balancing, packet filters, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the Unix programming environment, run-time libraries and system calls.
- Significant experience in C programming.
- Amazing troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Dedication to producing extremely high-quality code that meets strict performance requirements, is readable and obvious to coworkers, is easy to maintain and extend, and adheres to coding standards.
- A successful applicant is self-motivated, able to communicate well in person, in writing and on the phone.
- BA or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, and/or related degree
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019