Are you a bright, capable software Junior to Intermediate engineer who excels in a flexible research-driven work environment? Are you self driven and able to work autonomously? The R& D department is currently looking for a full cycle software engineer to support the BlueHawk Maritime Surveillance Portal. MDA BlueHawk provides an unclassified multi-sensor Maritime Domain Awareness picture to maritime security organizations worldwide. Fusing space-based radar, AIS vessel tracking and other maritime information, MDA BlueHawk monitors vast maritime regions, rapidly detecting potential threats as far from shore as possible.
The position would require you to support development of new features, performance improvement and bug fixes. It is expected that the work may also involve integration and test of new data feeds and some software re-design at the architecture level. Primary Activities
- Prototype, test, integrate, demonstrate, and deploy new features, including new data feeds
- Analyse and improve performance of the portal
- Promptly resolve bugs identified in the production system
- Support ongoing customer demonstrations
Optional/Nice to have:
- Experience with algorithm design, development, implementation and verification
- Self driven with the ability to work autonomously
- Possess an understanding of software engineering, software development life cycle, object oriented software design, programming and data structures
- Java -Expert level
- MATLAB -Basic understanding
- Perl -Basic understanding
- GWT framework
- Google Maps API
- Python - Basic understanding
- Camel XML
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 15, 2018
Closes: January 14, 2019