MDA has developed and delivered to Canada&rsquo s Department of National Defense (DND) an advanced multi-mode radar surveillance system (AN/APS-508) for the CP-140 Aurora fleet. The CP-140 Aurora fleet is Canada&rsquo s Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Aircraft. The fleet is used by the Royal Canadian Air Force in activities such as domestic surveillance of Canada&rsquo s maritime approaches, search and rescue missions, and maritime and overland operations. Currently, we are upgrading the multi-mode radar surveillance system software to provide enhanced capabilities for the CP-140 Aurora aircraft.
The project is looking for one junior software engineer to join the CP-140 team and participate in the multi-mode software enhancement, design, coding, integration and testing, and system sell-off. The work largely involves real-time C++ software and systems. Responsibilities
Requirements (experience and skills)
- Analyze new GMTI/SAR processing algorithms and prototypes and incorporate it in the processor design
- Participate in the design, coding, implementation and testing of the processor
- Participate in the processor integration into the full multi-mode radar system
- Technical documentation
- Bachelor&rsquo s degree in Electrical/Computer/System Engineering or Computer Science.
- Working knowledge of Linux, MS Window tools, and software CM process (e.g., using Git and JIRA is an asset).
- One or more years of C++ design, development and I& T experiences is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong math, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with the MATLAB programming language is an asset.
- Familiarity with the VxWorks real-time operating system is an asset.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
For candidates with less than three years of work experience, please include a transcript of your grades with your application.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision-making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile