Join GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions® today and become part of an organization that is
transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits.Our mission is simple;
We develop and deliver the most cost-effective employee benefits solutions to Canadian businesses.GroupHEALTH is accelerating - and you provide the fuel.
We're currently looking for anJunior Systems Engineer
to join our team in Surrey, BC.
This is a hybrid role, where the successful candidate will spend part of the week working remote, and part of the week working out of our office with other team members.
The Junior Software Engineer will work with a team of passionate people that value everyone’s opinion. We have a very diverse team that are working towards an agile methodology in a Continuous Delivery environment, and are aimed at being a disruptive force in the insurance industry. An Associate Software Engineer should have 1-2 years experience in at least one core language.Outcomes
- Setup and understand the current development environment with Docker with the first 30 days.
- Learn our processes and systems and have a good understanding within 60 days
- Able to contribute to the team and projects within the first 90 days.
- Grow to become a key and valuable member of the team.
Education & Experience
- Perform revision, repair, or enhancement of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Work in a Continuous Development environment utilizing the Atlassian suite of products, Jira, Bamboo and Bit Bucket.
- Design and develop proprietary internal business applications.
- Execute project responsibilities in a collaborative agile team environment.
- Communicate with end users, Project Managers and Business Analysts to determine project specifications.
- Apply quality practices such as Code Design.
- Excited by technology and keeping up to date on the latest and greatest
- 1-2 years of web application development experience is required (LAMP preferred).
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Systems or demonstrated experience is required.
- Object-oriented programming experience is required.
- Azure or AWS cloud knowledge/experience is an asset.
- Continuous Integration / Deployment knowledge / experience considered an asset
- Agile experience an asset
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
Want to be part of a rapidly growing company that is transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits? Apply now!We thank everyone who applies to the role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
- a competitive salary & benefits program
- paid time off, including flex time
- education assistance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with employer matching
- Participation in our Happy Friday Program
Software and Programming