Kelowna, BCYour Role:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be part of a small, highly focused team responsible for delivery of highly scalable and robust services within Global Relay's platform. You will work directly in code to design testing solutions for web applications and API services of a large scale system. You will support the team's release and testing efforts while growing and maintaining automated coverage and frameworks.Your Job:
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Write code to support development of automated frameworks and tests
- Contribute to decisions in the architecture and design of test frameworks
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Maintain test infrastructure and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Conduct test reviews, improve and maintain quality of the test coverage
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency with the Object Oriented programming concepts
- Proficiency with Java, C# or Python languages
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Testing practices in an agile environment
- Testing backend systems or APIs
- Testing web applications with Selenium WebDriver
- Testing performance with JMeter or similar tools
- Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, MSTest or pytest.
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Big data technology such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka or SQL
- Network principles and protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in eight other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 - Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.How to Apply
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply HERE: http://bit.ly/GRQA300
with your cover letter, university transcripts, and resume.
Software and Programming