JYSK is one of the leading and fastest-growing retailers in the world. First-established in 1979 in Denmark, the company is now present in 52 countries with over 2,700 stores; bringing "Quality-for-Less" to millions of customers every day. With a passion for Scandinavian design, our products range from furniture to accessories, including mattresses, bedding, and outdoor products that will enhance any living spaces with a sense of sophistication at affordable prices.
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology and the Senior Software Developer (IT), the Junior Software Developer will help build software using modern programming languages and technologies as part of the Software Development team.
The Software Development team creates applications and integrations from scratch, configures/maintains existing systems and provides superuser support. As a Junior Software Developer, you will be responsible to/for:
The Right Candidate has:
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
- Understand and Integrate data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.).
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Improve existing software.
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Provide technical support for applications.
- Deliver quality software solutions according to a mutually agreed upon timeline
- Seeks and partners with reliable external partners, vendors.
- Attends relevant industry events, etc.
- Seeks out the proper training and information to adopt new technologies through the Jysk provided channels of training.
- Follow all JYSK Administrative policies and complete all required forms and documentation.
- Performs all required performance evaluations and discussions.
- Works proactively with the team to deliver results.
- Responsible to follow the dress code as set out by JYSK.
- Regularly required to travel to meetings/shows/sites.
- Responsible to follow Health and Safety guidelines and procedures set out by JYSK.
- May be assigned other tasks to support and improve overall business operations
What We Offer
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study.
- Experience with SQL Server, Entity Framework and ADO.NET.
- Source code management with Git including branching, merging, tagging and release management.
- RESTful service experience.
- HTML5, CSS, AJAX and other client facing technologies.
- Serialization, HTTP, JSON, Azure AD SSO authentication development, SAML.
- Developing applications hosted on Azure cloud.
- Designing cross browser apps.
- Mobile friendly application development.
- Key Azure Skills:
- Web Apps, API Apps, Cosmos DB
- Key Vault, Blob Storage, Data Lake Store, Azure Active Directory
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit Package
- Staff Discount
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement
- Being part of a dynamic culture that provides you with the autonomy to have an impact!
Please note: reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. More Great Information!
Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!
- Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at JYSK: https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.