As part of the MDA Information Assurance group, the Junior Security Specialist works within an Engineering organization to support the delivery of secure systems to customers around the world. This includes translating security requirements into solutions and supporting their development, integration and deployment. As part of a team, you will often be the subject matter expert and will be required to be creative and on the cutting edge. Specific tasks include the following: Responsibilities
- Understanding and Analysis of customer inputs and needs as they relate to security
- Developing requirements and design constraints leading towards secure solutions
- Working with development, test and integration teams as the security subject matter expert
- Ensuring the continuance of a secure operations by participating with service delivery units in the delivery of new products and services
- Application of industry and defence best practices in arriving at secure solutions
- Working hands on in a lab and integration environment
- Developing security documents (e.g. specifications, test plans, reports) for internal and external recipients and
- Being a security evangelist in promoting security across all our programs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor&rsquo s degree in Engineering or related technical/science/mathematics degree with proof of continuous development of Cyber Security related professional knowledge and/or skills.
- Minimum of two years&rsquo experience working in an Information Security role analyzing, designing, and/or implementing security controls in business applications and infrastructure systems in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Generating and analyzing Security requirements
- Application of technical, personnel, administrative and procedural safeguards across a variety of industry security controls
- Experience with NIST 800-115, 800-53, ITSG-22/38, ITSG-33, ISO27001 and ISO27002 standards
- Experience in application, user, network, mobile or cloud security
- Experience with enterprise risk management concepts with a focus on threat-risk assessment methodologies
- Implementing and customizing technical security controls in recognized hardening frameworks
- Information Security best practices
- Secure software development standards
- Current professional security certification
- Java, C/C++, Python, Ruby, and/or SQL Language(s) and
- Virtualization Technologies.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level (preference will be given to candidates that already hold one), and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include domestic and foreign travel.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 15, 2018
Closes: January 14, 2019