We are looking for talented and dynamic Junior and Intermediate System Integration and Test Engineers that crave these experiences and opportunities. These &ldquo big picture&rdquo yet detail-oriented individuals will integrate MDA-developed applications with COTS hardware/software to produce operational systems deployed into end user environments. Your talents will be rewarded with career and personal growth in an organization with a 40-year track record of success, along with opportunities to travel to exciting locations in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Come be a part of the team bringing imagery from the next generation of satellite constellations to the screens of the world!
MDA is a world-leading provider of Earth Observation Satellite Ground Systems focused on the acquisition, processing, archiving, and discovery of massive volumes of space-based imagery. Our products are built on heterogeneous technologies that harness client-server applications, web-based user interfaces including interaction with maps, web API and SOA technologies, workflow orchestration systems, messaging and event driven systems, domain modelling and high-throughput data processing software.
Working with the leading provider of commercial satellite imagery on the planet, MDA&rsquo s DAF Program leverages these capabilities to build, deploy, and maintain a network of leading-edge satellite ground stations for commercial and government customers around the globe. Responsibilities
As a System Integration and Test Engineer, you will be part of a team whose primary role is to turn a set of heterogeneous components (hardware and software) into a fully functional ground station capable of receiving and producing images from orbiting satellites. The work involves:
- Applying proven system engineering processes, techniques and methodologies
- Installing and configuring Windows, Linux, and VMware environments on a network of workstation and server grade computers
- Installing a mix MDA-developed and commercial software onto commodity hardware, and integrating them to produce complex ground systems that are ready for deployment
- Planning and executing isolated and end-to-end factory testing to confirm the integrated system performs in accordance with specification
- Installing the equipment into the customer&rsquo s environment, and integrating it with the customer&rsquo s antenna and network
- Exercising the system using live satellite contacts within its operational environment to verify it is ready to enter full operations
- Training and assisting the customer&rsquo s personnel in operating the system themselves
- Root cause analysis and resolution of issues identified during test activities
- Supporting post-deployment operations and maintenance activities by triaging, prioritizing, and resolving system technical issues reported by the customer
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (Computer, Electrical), or an equivalent university degree or technical diploma.
- 1 to 5 years of relevant experience
- The following are a must:
- Experience and knowledge with commercial operating systems:
- Windows/Windows Server (e.g., power shell, domain controller, group policies)
- Linux (e.g., bash shell, command-line operations, file systems)
- Working level knowledge of computer networks (TCP, DHCP, routing), including basic troubleshooting
- Understanding of programming concepts and practices (e.g., logic, control flow, data structures, code organization)
- Excellent problem skills and the ability to conduct independent research and diagnose unfamiliar technical issues under time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player and willing to work in different stages and aspects of projects.
- Any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with system interfaces and system-level integration
- Experience with testing techniques, including test tools and test data generation
- Working with orchestration platforms (SaltStack, Anisible)
- Working with virtual machine platforms (VMWare, XenServer, oVirt)
- General understanding of computer hardware concepts
- User and configuration-level familiarity with one or more of:
- Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, &hellip ) and SQL
- Web applications, preferably with map interactions such as OpenLayers
- Geospatial systems such as GeoServer
- Apache Tomcat or Jetty, Apache HTTP Server
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Linux shell
- Understanding of SOA and RESTful technologies
- Experience with software version and/or configuration management control systems
- Experience authoring technical documentation, reports, etc.
- Understanding of Remote Sensing (SAR or Optical)
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and include domestic and foreign travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
For candidates with less than three years of work experience, please include a transcript of your grades with your application. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 15, 2018
Closes: January 14, 2019