is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS IN WESTERN CANADA WSP
is seeking a Junior Engineer / Engineer in Training (EIT) to join our team in Western Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg). Reporting to the Director Heavy Rail West, this position w ill support the Rail & Transit team by drafting, designing, and coordinating project elements under supervision from senior staff. As a member of the Rail & Transit team, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on projects across Canada in heavy and light rail. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development to fast-track your career in the rail consulting field.
Heavy Rail is the backbone of Canada's economy and is growing year-over-year, while also being the most sustainable land-based transport option. According to the Railway Association of Canada ( Canada's Freight Railways: Moving the Economy | RAC (railcan.ca) , around 70% of all intercity surface freight and half of Canada's exports are moved by rail. Projects in Heavy Rail move quickly through planning, design, and construction, providing an opportunity for young engineers to accelerate their career growth in an expanding field. Rail & Transit in Canada is an exciting, resilient, and growing industry. Do you want to grow with us? Why Work in Rail & Transit at WSP?
• The North American Rail & Transit industry needs new engineers to replace retiring professionals, presenting young engineers with an exceptional opportunity for career growth and development.
• On the WSP Rail & Transit team you will have opportunities to contribute to impactful projects in your community and across the country.
• The WSP Rail & Transit team is committed to supporting young engineers through mentorship with senior staff, with on-the-job training, external courses, and guidance through career development paths.
• WSP is committed to identifying key future trends involving climate change, society, technology, and resources and thinking beyond them to guide inspirational and uplifting projects around the world.
• WSP is committed to employment equity to ensure that we have diverse representation at all levels of our organization. We uphold standards for accessibility consistent with the core principles of dignity, equality of opportunity, integration, and independence.
• Flexible working environment that empowers employees to make choices related to when, where, and how they work in a commitment to supporting the work-life balance of all. We're looking for the right personality to join our team:
• Are you naturally curious, a strategic thinker that looks for solutions?
• Are you interested in Rail & Transit?
• Do you communicate well and take the initiative?
• Are you enthusiastic with a flexible mindset?
• Are you interested in belonging to a forward thinking, diverse and growing team?
•Are you ready for a career with WSP?
If your answer is yes, what are you waiting for? Please apply below! RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and edit drawings & sketches in compliance with Client Standards or WSP CAD Standards and detailing practices;
• Complete CAD and BIM design tasks as directed;
• Be familiar with document management systems to ensure drawings are issued, filed, secured, and retrievable in an appropriate manner;
• Coordinate and support the Rail & Transit team with workload, good detailing practice and work procedures;
• Review and monitor the production of drawings to maintain quality, accuracy and agreed timescales;
• Identify improvements (where possible) to enhance service to clients;
• Develop expertise and stay abreast of developments in relevant technical field;
• Assist in preparing reports;
• Assist with planning and design for heavy and light rail projects; including roadway elements, horizontal and vertical alignments, cross-sections, and corridors;
• Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure design components are integrated between disciplines;
• Manage priorities and deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of work;
• Perform field inspections and prepare draft reports on findings;
• Be responsible for making Health, Safety and Environment a priority. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution;
• Eligible for membership of the Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia and working towards a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation;
• Demonstrated willingness to learn; natural curiosity;
• Strong teamwork & enthusiasm;
• Adaptability; PREFERRED ADDITIONAL
• Applicants with 1-3 years related experience would be considered an asset;
• Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, track alignment, grading design, and site visits would be considered an asset;
• Class 5 Driver's License;
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.