We are looking for a Junior Contracts Specialist who will work with our close knit Contracts Team within Geospatial Services. In this role you will provide administrative support to the department, in addition to handling your own contract workload. This role will encompass the creation of contract-related documents which will include proofreading and editing.
You will assist with matters relating to the formation and administration of agreements required to support GSI with area pursuits and active programs.
This is a great role for someone looking someone to increase their knowledge of contract management while working with a highly knowledgeable and dedicated team. Responsibilities
- Perform administrative tasks and provide general support for the GSI Contracts Department
- Provide thorough and timely reviews of documents (e.g., contracts, proposals, cost estimates)
- Prepare contractual documents (e.g., Non-Disclosure Agreements, Limited Distribution Agreements, Demonstration License Agreements) for submission to other parties.
- Review and advise on contractual requirements expressed in Requests for Proposals
- In response to Requests for Proposals, prepare checklists for pursuit teams, and draft certifications and compliance statements for incorporation into the Company' s proposals to potential customers
- Create succinct contract summaries to enable Company staff to execute contracts in accordance with specified requirements
- Prepare reports and correspondence to support internal and external reporting compliance requirements
- Follow the Company&rsquo s processes (e.g., approval process, time sheet recording) in the execution of duties and tasks
- Strong interest to work in the contractual/legal area
- Proficient working in a Windows environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent proofreading skills, including ability to review documents (e.g., contracts, proposals, cost estimates)
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Ability to take on multiple assignments at any given time
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to handle contractual/legal documents on a progressive basis
- Ability to understand technical matters (e.g., company statements of work) would be an asset
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019