What's Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact, Perkins + Will, Daily Hive, BC Business, our Instagram, and our Blog.We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We're a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We've paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we've onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We're looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.What does the Account Management department look like?A hybrid between Sales, Business Development, and Customer Marketing, the Account Management team is one of the four pillars of Client Success at Bench with the goal of bringing additional value and services to our existing clients. As an Account Manager, you'll be speaking with clients, problem solving with internal stakeholders, and managing campaigns as a part of our "startup within a startup." If you're passionate about problem-solving and making a difference in our client's lives, you've come to the right place!What you'll be getting up to:
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have:
- Work with clients to understand their needs and educate them on potential solutions we can offer
- Be a demonstrable expert on our growing list of additional services and partners
- Manage an ongoing pipeline of client requests through phone calls, emails, texts, and more
- Navigate objections and work with internal stakeholders to resolve client issues
- Help create email campaigns within SalesLoft to introduce new solutions to clients
- Contribute to designing and improving processes and materials
- Iterate on current processes-improve our existing email templates and cadences, and building out new training materials
- Create new processes-experiment with new workflows and approaches to selling products
- Grow your tech skills by managing your workflow using software tools like SalesForce, SalesLoft, RingCentral, Google Sheets, and the Bench App
- Flex your project management skills as you experiment to build a new team at Bench
- Help develop new systems and processes, and document changes within our internal knowledge-base, Confluence
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Client-first Mentality - The best reps on our team go the extra mile for our clients and will take the extra time to ensure that our clients' needs are addressed properly. This means digging deep into their issues and providing clear solutions that will positively impact the client's experience.
- Resilience - We're a highly experimental team and we're looking for team members who are able to experience the highs and lows of being part of a startup within a startup. Not every initiative or campaign is a success, and a willingness to fail is a major piece of how we continue to progress. Reps should always have their end goals in mind and be comfortable working in an environment where targets are challenging.
- Communication - We're quarterbacking a hefty portion of the client relationship, so clear and concise communication (verbal and written) makes sure we're effectively passing messages between clients and internal stakeholders.
- Organization - Were juggling different products, different marketing channels, different workflows, and a portfolio of 100s of clients at a time. The ability to organize your workflow, create efficiencies, and prioritize work allows reps to widen their impact across our clientbase. Multi-tasking and time management leads to strong results on the team!
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Agility - Account Management at Bench is an ever-changing environment and reps need to be able to quickly adapt to new situations, projects, workflows, products and client problems. We often need to quickly implement new process changes so fast learners and people with experience working in fast-paced environments are a major plus!
- Independence/Autonomy - With so many moving parts, there's little available to micromanage performance. Our best team members are those who are motivated to do great work on their own and provide constant feedback to the rest of the team (both positive and constructive).
- Creative Problem Solving - We're always dealing with the next problem and we love having creative thinkers who challenge the status quo. Candidates who've helped build systems from scratch will have a major impact.
The extra details:
- Prior experience in Sales or Customer Success (i.e. a client-facing experience)
- Prior marketing experience - We work closely with the customer marketing team and are always thinking of new ways to reach our clients. If someone has had some experience writing email campaigns, it's a huge plus.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
- We're currently fully remote, and we'll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- This is a full-time contract position, because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self. We're looking for a contract start date of January 2021 and end date of April 2021
Customer Service and Support