Canada Drives is changing car buying in Canada! We are at the forefront of the biggest disruption to car shopping in our lifetime. For the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online. Our organization provides customers with a 100% online purchasing experience, from start to finish, including delivery right to their door!
Our Mission - be the easiest place to buy and sell your car in Canada.
Working for a fast-growing company as part of a fun, fast-paced and diverse analytics team. The Jr. Data Analyst's work will impact potentially millions of Canadians, helping match customers with the perfect vehicle, at the right price and with the best financing. You will apply a range of tools to plug into various projects to create dynamic dashboards, complex reports and visualizations. You will learn how the business operates and will have the opportunity to work with every department on understanding their objectives and unique challenges and will work with the analytics team to deliver solutions and data-related aids to support these objectives.
The candidate for this role should be driven and looking for a high-growth potential position. They should also have an exceptional ability to deduce logical work actions from conversational problems and feel comfortable asking questions and digging deeper into issues independently.
The Jr. Data Analyst will report to the Director, Analytics & Insights as part of the Data & Analytics department.
NOTE - This is a full-time permanent position, eligible for remote/work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada who are legally entitled to work in Canada. Occasional travel to downtown Vancouver would be required.
- Maintain, enhance and automate operational reports to support decision-making.
- Extract, prepare, clean and process large amounts of data to support various data analyses and projects.
- Utilizes creativity, collaborative efforts and business insights to propose innovative solutions to complex and unfamiliar problems.
- Assist in the design of metrics and performance indicators specific to various business processes, requirements, and key decision points.
- Work with various teams to support their departmental initiatives by providing accurate and pertinent analyses using many types of data.
- Support ad-hoc reports from various teams and communicate results to a variety of audiences including senior stakeholders.
- Monitor data accuracy and rectify validation issues.
- 1+ years related experience in practical analytical experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Science, Economics, Statistics, or related fields.
- Working knowledge of Tableau or other BI tools.
- At least a minimal understanding of how data is stored and how relational databases function.
- A high degree of critical thinking, analytical, and computational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate data to insights for different audiences.
Nice To Haves:
- Working knowledge and experience with SQL.
- Experience in Snowflake is an asset.
- Experience or understanding with E-commerce.
- Understanding of digital marketing practices and key measures.