Java Developer - Intermediate to Senior
Founded in 1976, CGI is one of the worlds largest IT and business consulting services firms. We help clients achieve their goals, including becoming customer-centric digital organizations, through high-end IT and business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services combined with a unique client proximity model and global center of excellence network.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career.
Due to ongoing growth and success in the province of BC, CGI is seeking experienced, intermediate to senior Software Developers (Java EE) to join our world-class IT solution company for permanent full-time roles in our Victoria or Vancouver BC offices. These roles provide leading information technology services to our clients in BC and we are seeking talented individuals with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in software development to work closely with our internal and external clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work in team-oriented environment, providing software development, technical expertise and guidance to key stakeholders on a variety of enterprise scale applications and projects;
• Work closely with clients, project managers, business analysts, and architects to develop high-quality, effective enterprise software solutions;
• Understand and apply a variety of project life-cycles, methods, and software development techniques;
• Design, code, test and implement application software that is delivered on time and within budget, using sound software development practices and secure coding requirements;
• Understand and adhere to policies and procedures such as change management, project governance, configuration management, and release management;
• Aid in the diagnosis, correction, and prevention of service outages, defects, and other production or operational issues;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 3-5 years software development experience, preferably with the Java Enterprise Edition platform and dealing with enterprise level applications/solutions
• Expertise in Java web application frameworks
• Familiarity with public sector IT environments and security policies is an asset.
• Familiarity with Database Servers, SQL, and Relational Database Models
• Familiarity with UML modeling and related tools.
• Application servers: Glassfish, JBoss, Websphere, and WebLogic
• Java EE technologies: JSF, EJB, Web Services, JMS, JCA, Security, Authentication
• Continuous Integration products: Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Subversion and GIT
• JSF widget libraries: JBoss Rich Faces, PimeFaces, etc.
• Web application frameworks: Spring Framework and Apache Struts
• Report servers: Jasper Reports
• CASE tools: Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
• Highly self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• University/College degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
• Certifications in information technology, software development, and related products incl. Oracle/Sun, ITIL, etc. are considered an asset
Connect with employer: