BLUESTREAM CONTENT SOLUTIONS (WWW.BLUESTREAM.COM)
JAVA AND FULL STACK INTERMEDIATE DEVELOPER
Location: Sunshine Coast BC.
Immediate Opening - Permanent / Fulltime
Bluestream was founded in 1997 as a database technology company and has since moved into the DITA CCMS marketplace. With large customers around the world, Bluestream is a leader in its market with customers in areas ranging from Robotics to Software and locations from Japan to Germany. Bluestream is a technology rich company with best of breed technology and a research orientation. We are in growth mode and are looking for an intermediate technical candidate to develop new and existing product features. The existing team is experienced so this is a highly collaborative and knowledge driven environment. This is a long term growth position with further opportunities in the technical track.
We are a distributed company with our development leadership located on the Sunshine Coast of BC offering an incredible lifestyle with all the opportunities for housing affordability, boating, biking, hiking, raising a family – all within easy access to Vancouver.
Required Skills and Experience
A base knowledge with significant depth is expected, but an ability to learn new things and innovate is even more important.
- Ability to review requirements, choose appropriate technologies and communicate architectures and designs to other technical staff.
- Excellent English communication and specification reading and writing skills.
- Familiarity with Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming. Concurrency, Patterns and UML and other Diagramming
- Ability to design and implement application features for a Java Web Server environment. Implement primarily REST based services using JAX-RS but also familiar with JAX-WS Will code components in Java, object oriented programming.
- Expert in Java, J2EE.
- Detailed understanding of Client Server architecture, primarily for the Web, SQL databases and SQL transactions.
- Firm understanding of Internet standards, HTTP in particular.
- Understanding of XML technology stack: XML, XSLT, XQuery
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming in a Web Server environment
- Minimum 5 years experience with JAVA,J2EE
- BA or BSc with computer science major preferred. Engineering or equivalent background and training may be accepted. Expecting some knowledge of the fundamental theory: databases, languages, graphics and operating systems.
- Collaborate with other developers and the product team to co-develop feature and software designs but ultimately to implement those designs in code.
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Contribute to process improvements to guide the development and support activities Ability to develop high quality code.
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Documentation practices, refactoring and testing techniques. Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- This is a fulltime position with a preference for individuals wanting to relocate to the Sunshine Coast, BC. Some relocation cost sharing will be available.
- Bluestream offers a competitive market salary rate of between $70 - $110,000 annually and an attractive benefits package, which includes profit sharing. The selected candidate would also receive a contribution covering moving expenses to the Sunshine Coast if that is the preference.
- Work and Home Life Balance through regular Work Hours and vacations
- Incredible lifestyle with all the opportunities for housing affordability boating, biking, hiking, raising a family – all within easy access to Vancouver.
Key Responsibilities What we provide Apply Now
Please email your resume and cover letter outlining experience and Career Objectives to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technical Lead – Your Name”
PR or Canadian Citizen also whose PR is approved.
Thank you in advance for your application. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.