Do you have enterprise-scale IT experience and a desire to learn about ITSM Change Management? Do you have strong documentation and administrative skills? If yes, we're looking for someone like you to join our dynamic IT team as an ITSM Change Management Analyst
At Best Buy Canada, we believe empowered people and teams make smarter, faster, and more creative decisions. Our IT department is an Agile environment, where the distance between any one person and senior leadership is microscopic. Here, you'll work on something big, small, or super cool and before you can blink 100,000 people will see it. You'll create fast, learn fast, and develop fast. Oh, and sometimes you'll fail fast too. That's ok. (Honestly.) It's all part of the process.
As an ITSM Change Management Analyst
you'll help execute day-to-day IT Change Management operations for Best Buy Canada. Your work will ensure changes are accurately recorded, scheduled, and controlled. You'll collaborate closely with a range of different stakeholders in the company and be a primary point of contact between end users and the Change Advisory Board. What you'll be doing:
• Completing impact assessments for all production environment change requests • Performing change reviews for failed deployments where required • Reviewing all change requests for completeness and compliance across all environments • Working with the Change Advisory Board facilitator to document minutes, make required changes, and indicate CAB approval/denial • Working with different stakeholders to process expedited change requests and ensure compliance • Working with different stakeholders to bring change requests into compliance • Ensuring change requests meet milestones, SLAs, and targets for the approval process • Planning change activities to include, where appropriate, date durations, freezes, moratoriums, and brown outs
SOX and PCI Compliance:
• Providing evidence of SOX and PCI compliance to internal and external auditors when requested • Working with different stakeholders to ensure changes are SOX and PCI compliant
• Generating and sending bi-weekly Change Advisory Board reports • Generating required user reports • Preparing Change Management metrics and reports • Developing, maintaining, and updating reporting standards for the ITSM Change Management process • Developing, maintaining and updating the knowledge base • Producing the appropriate management reports What you'll need to succeed:
• 3+ years of enterprise-scale experience in an IT role • 2-year Diploma in Computer Science or a related field • Proven documentation skills with an exceptional eye for detail • Proven meeting facilitation and administrative skills • Excellent verbal communication skills • Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills • Highly collaborative mindset that allows you to build trust and accountability • Natural curiosity to explore and entertain fresh ideas and feedback • Ability to embrace change with positivity and enthusiasm Bonus points:
• Broad technology experience with significant depth in Change Management and Service Management processes • Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts • Experience with project management methodologies, tools, and phases • Experience in the management and coordination of multiple processes and cross-functional teams • Experience with ServiceNow • Experience with Microsoft Excel What's waiting for you at head office:
Our goal is work-life harmony for every employee. Don't feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can't find the time to work out as much as you'd like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrées, and more.
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth... on company time. That's why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
There's more, too:
• Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance • Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar • Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions • Significant employee discounts both in-store and online • Coffee bar that serves Starbucks and Seattle's Best Coffee • Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break • Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area • On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service • Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other similar events
If this sounds like a perfect fit, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to apply. Best Buy Canada is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation.
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019