UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEADPosition
: IT System Administrator Status
OpenRoad Auto Group represents 20 automotive brands at25 locations in Canada and the United States. Since launching our identity as OpenRoad Auto Group in 2000, we have become recognized as one of the most innovative and fastest-growing automotive retail groups in Canada.
We are always searching for brilliant people to contribute to a better car buying and ownership experience. Working at OpenRoad you'll enjoy competitive compensation packages, like-minded colleagues, and a fun, supportive work environment.
We are currently seeking a full-time IT System Administrator to join our Information Technology department. The IT System Administrator is responsible for the daily IT support in our branch offices. This position reports to the IT Manager for strategic planning and works closely with the local branch management on day-to-day activities.
As an IT System Administrator, your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide second-level end-user support via the phone, ticketing system, and remote support as well as on-site support if needed.
- Install, configure, and maintain all company server hardware and network equipment.
- Ensure system security through access control, backup, and network firewalls.
- Configure, maintain and monitor backup systems for proper functionality.
- Follow proper disaster recovery strategies in case of system failures and cyberattacks.
- Setup new hire onboarding tasks for various platforms.
- Managing dealership DMS systems and troubleshooting any issues or outages.
- Support and train new IT staff as required.
- Build internal technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Manage upcoming dealership projects with 3rd party contractors and suppliers.
An ideal IT System Administrator will have the following qualifications and technical skills:
- 3 - 5 years of recent experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or a similar role in an enterprise environment.
- College Diploma or bachelor's degree in computer science or Information Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, or related discipline.
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows server, and networking is required.
- Experience with Aruba/HP networking equipment, Azure AD, SharePoint, Office365, AWS, Google Cloud, databases, and Webhosting is an asset.
- The ability to create scripts in PowerShell and other languages is a plus.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Class 5 Drivers license
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.