General Fusion is transforming how the world is energized by developing the first commercially-viable fusion power plant. Fusion will deliver clean, safe and on-demand power at industrial scale, providing a powerful complement to renewables and a pathway to a zero-emission grid.
Combining new technologies, proven industrial processes, and advances in fundamental fusion science, General Fusion aims to be the first in the world to develop commercial fusion power. Key performance requirements have been demonstrated at the system level, setting the stage for building a pre-commercial fusion power prototype.
General Fusion is seeking an IT Support Specialist to join the growing IT Team. This position is ideal for someone who is looking to develop their technology career and gain experience across different systems, while working hard to support our user base and improve our processes and policies.
- Responding to end user IT requests in a timely fashion.
- Prioritizing & troubleshooting hardware and software problems in person or remotely.
- Setting up new employee hardware/software including workstations, laptop, IP phones and peripherals.
- Installing software on end user computers.
- Assisting end users in setting up for presentations and meetings.
- Creating and updating IT related documentations and procedures as required
- Other IT-related tasks as required
- Some after-hours work may be required
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ of experience in a helpdesk / technical support role.
- Possess strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit good verbal and written English.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, perform tasks and manage time effectively to meet expected deadlines in a busy environment.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to personnel, company operations and financial matters.
- Have highly effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details is essential.
- Be a team player but also confident in working independently.
- Have an awesome customer-centric attitude.
- Experience in assembling custom-built computers.
- Experience with Windows operating systems and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with various distros of Linux (particularly CentOS & Ubuntu) as well as MacOS.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in setting up personal computers as workstations.
- Experience with basic networking and cable management.
- Experience with IT support ticket system.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma focusing on Information Technology and/or computer sciences.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Contribution
- Support for professional development
- Great company culture – social events, food trucks, bike rides, Sun Run, etc.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Job Ref# GA-2020-06” in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Fusion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.