Are you passionate about helping people solve IT problems? Love being a part of an exciting and innovative environment? Join Amazon IT Services! We're looking for people who strive to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
Amazon is seeking bright, adaptable, and hardworking applicants to join our IT Services organization as an IT Support Engineer. IT Support Engineers work with Amazonians to provide and support the IT equipment and services that are used every day. We treat Amazon employees as our customers and provide timely, accurate, and professional assistance.
Amazon's IT Services Support is the first point of contact for technical service requests. Our IT Support Engineers spend their day fielding incoming chats, calls, and online requests on behalf of Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
• Provide comprehensive technical support to Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
• Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with organizational standards.
• Diagnose and troubleshoots end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
• Create and submit detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
• Inform customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
• Manage a fluctuating case count of trouble tickets
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
• Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
• Provide on call support for Sev1 and Sev2 incidents
• Handle escalations from Level 1 support
• Follow, update and create standard operating procedures (SOP) to improve the teams' knowledge management.
• Assist with technical projects
• Assist with coaching, and developing talent at the role level.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field, or 2+ year's IT systems or relevant experience.
• 2+ years of experience in technical help-desk or desk-side support environment
• Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
• Advanced Linux systems administration skills
• ITIL Foundation Certification
• Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
• Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
• Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.