At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the customer experience. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is we've only just begun.
Amazon is seeking motivated and hardworking individuals to fill an IT Support Associate position at our IT Warehouse in Vancouver. The IT Warehouse owns the lifecycle of all IT assets deployed to corporate employees in Canada. A successful IT Support Associate will support a variety of functions through the warehouse, including maintaining IT inventory, imaging, packing/shipping hardware, and general standardized housekeeping of all IT areas. Additional responsibilities may include computer repair, troubleshooting, and technical support. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to work hard, have fun, and join us in making worldwide history.
Our team approaches work as seeing no job as too small and no challenge as too big!
• Receiving and storage of IT assets and peripherals
• Picking IT assets in preparation for configuration and deployment
• Imaging hardware for deployment
• Re-stocking of IT inventory locations
• Preparation of all new hire equipment
• Preparation of IT assets for transportation in line with IT and InfoSec polices
• Safe handling and destruction of IT media in accordance with InfoSec policy
• Appropriate management of returned IT assets in accordance with compute reuse processes, reverse logistics processes, or disposal processes
• Assist other teams in the tear down and removal of IT assets from staff who have left the organization, transporting these assets in accordance with InfoSec policy
• Ability to stand/walk for 8-10 hours at a time
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Must be able to bend and lift equipment up to 49 lbs throughout the shiftBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in Windows and Mac OS environments
• Ability to prioritize work based business need
• 1+ year of experience with Microsoft Office
• Highly self-motivated and customer-centricPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in maintaining inventory levels including receiving, storage, and auditing
• Experience using a trouble ticket management system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
• 1+ years of experience in help-desk or desk-side environment
• Strong verbal skills proven and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Diploma in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics