Position Summary IT SECURITY MANAGER Job ID: 2945 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: Burnaby, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** IT SECURITY MANAGER A rewarding key role with organization-wide impact for a certified IT Security professional with a self-directed approach and a commitment to mitigating risk and maximizing security
Ensuring the security of BC Housing's systems and data is vital to the effective and successful operation and performance of a multi-stakeholder, multi-location organization like ours. This makes IT Security a mission-critical function within our environment - and your job, as Manager, a vital part of our ability to deliver on our strategic goals, business objectives, and mission of making a positive difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
As IT Security Manager, you will be responsible for operational IT Security and the delivery of security-related projects, including administrative and technical implementation and continuous improvement of solutions to maintain and enhance the overall security posture, cybersecurity incident responsiveness and enforcement of policies through the implementation and use of technologies. You will establish, implement and deliver communications and training initiatives to increase cybersecurity awareness as well as support and promote the adoption of safe computing practices. As a key member of the security incident response team, you will also conduct investigations and audits, perform information security risk assessments, and recommend improvements to mitigate risks.
Looking to the future, we will count on you, above all, to assess new security technologies and emerging security threats, and to make appropriately sound recommendations to improve BC Housing's IT security. QUALIFICATIONS
With a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and/or Information Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution, and 7 years' working experience in information technology, with at least 5 years' experience in the information security field for a complex, multi-dimensional organization, you are fully prepared to assume this mission-critical role. As an IT Security Manager, you will also have the opportunity to call upon the following strengths:
- Experience in applying risk management and information security principles, frameworks, and standards (including COBIT, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), Industry Standards Organization 27002), for assessing and implementing information security from a governance, technology, and process perspective.
- Professional designation or accreditation in IT Security governance and audit, preferably Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- SANS Technology Institute (GCIH/GPEN/Related GIAC) certification, preferred.
- Good knowledge of security controls, including perimeter and web application firewalls, application security, intrusion detection/prevention systems, data loss prevention, anti-malware, encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Good technical knowledge of network, application, systems and cloud architectures.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and ability to use protocol analyzers.
- Good knowledge of security scanning and testing tools.
- Good knowledge of, and experience with, technologies which enhance security and privacy (such as identity management, network security, and application security).
- Ability to
- analyze large volumes of log data systematically to identify trends and anomalies.
- conduct investigations and compliance audits, and develop and implement measures to maximize security and mitigate risks.
- create and update technical and user manual documentation and provide training to staff, contractors and other third parties.
- work effectively within a team made up of business users and technical analysts.
- generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies.
- excel while working under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- exercise good judgment in dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
- Highly self-motivated and directed approach, and ability to work effectively with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
Please click on the link to view the Job Description
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application as a single Word or pdf file .
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted.
BC Housing-one of BC's Top Employers for 2018
and one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2018
-is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers Have Questions? Please see below for some useful information.
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter + LinkedIn