Job Title: IT Manager
Requisition ID: R009438
Job Description: Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much. What we do:
We're looking for an IT Manager
to join up with the department that supports and enables the teams developing the services platforms for the Call of Duty franchise and other popular Activision titles. You will work closely with the engineering teams at Demonware, and the wider Activision organization, to ensure the smooth operation of our day-to-day activities while also building for the future. We chart a long-term vision for our products to provide the capabilities that will enable Activision's game studios to focus on building the best games in the world. Your responsibilities:
- Provide direction and strategy for our IT team. Understand what the big picture is and how to get there.
- Own the relationship with customers across the Demonware teams and location. Understand their needs and provide an exemplary service personally and through your team.
- Management of goals, performance, and career advancement for direct reports. Holding reports accountable to their expected contribution for their level.
- Provide career direction for direct, helping them establish a personal career path and continuously develop themselves
- Collaborate with the department director to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals
- Lead a multi-location team across different time zones
- Oversee the running of internal company system across a hybrid of on-prem and cloud environments, primarily through Kubernetes
- Be hands-on working with the team to solve technical challenges and deliver projects
- Represent Demonware within the wider Activision Blizzard organization
- Help develop and foster an inclusive environment both within your team and across Demonware as a whole
What Demonware Offers:
- 4+ years of experience in similar leadership role
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving technology company
- Ability to engage, develop, and retain high-performing engineers
- Willingness to travel and accommodate a flexible work schedule
- Previous experience building and leading high-performing teams
- Experience working with Google Workspace, Atlassian's suite of products, and enterprise management systems (such as Active Directory)
- Experience with networking and network administration
- Experience with project management processes an advantage
- Experience working in a game development environment, and managing console devkits, an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.