The Manager of Infrastructure Platform Services is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of IT infrastructure services for Best Buy Canada, including corporate and regional offices, distribution centres, co-location providers, and retail stores. Areas of responsibility include data centres, physical and virtualized server infrastructure, private and public cloud platforms, and operating systems.
Working closely with business stakeholders, outsourced service providers, and technology vendors, the role combines day-to-day IT operations management as well as strategic planning and project delivery to support Best Buy's overall business strategy.
The successful candidate is a well-organized, systematic problem-solver with a proven ability to communicate ideas, lead and develop business relationships, and remain current on emerging technology trends and innovation. Large enterprise platform delivery and IT management experience is required to ensure Best Buy Canada continues to provide best in class and cost-effective services to our internal customers. As a Manager, Infrastructure Platform Services, you will...
Platform Technology Service Delivery & Support
• Develop Hardware and Software Maintenance plans along with technology refresh schedules. • Accountable for all Infrastructure Platform hardware and software assets. Establish and maintain asset tracking for both hardware and software infrastructure platform assets. • Manage a hybrid team of both internal and outsourced, including off-shore, resources to support Best Buy Canada's IT Infrastructure Platform. • Establish and maintain operational SLA's in-conjunction with Best Buy Canada's service management teams. • Ensure all services agreements are documented and updated as services changes. • Management of individual contractors that get on boarded for specific projects. • Establish & maintain performance and capacity monitoring capabilities to drive improvements in SLA's and reduction in frequencies of major incidents. • Continually assess new technologies to optimize the IT Infrastructure Platform • Work collaboratively with others teams responsible for network, storage, and retail infrastructure to deliver solutions and support. • Work with Incident and Problem Management group on root cause and proactive avoidance of future incidents. • Be accountable for platform team SOPs and be supportive and abide by BestBuy disaster recovery policies. • Act as escalation point for operational and project issues. • Take an active part in annual IT audits related to PCI and SOX and be accountable for platform team deliverables in a timely manner.
Platform Technology Strategy
• Work with IT Architects, IT Business Solutions Group, and other technology leaders on the IT Infrastructure team to develop and maintain a strategic roadmap for platform infrastructure, across non-Production and Production environments. • Engage with IT Architecture team to develop and maintain infrastructure architecture & operations documentation • Accountable for ensuring Best Buy Canada's Infrastructure Platform technology is current and maintained. • Develop and deliver business cases (cost and benefits) for IT Infrastructure initiatives as well as supporting peers in other IT groups with their business cases. • Stay current on emerging technology trends as they pertain to Platform Infrastructure and establish a technology evaluation rhythm based on upcoming solution needs driven by business and initiatives. • Ability to write and present executive summaries, making complex technical strategies easy to understand for business and decision making stake holders. • Ability to create strong relationships with business stake holders to understand their requirements and provide value add services while advocating and upholding standardized methodologies that are compliant under risk and governance model.
Leadership & People Development
• Makes talent decisions (selection, development and performance management) to maintain a high-performance team • Sets and manages expectations of performance for 3rd party partners to ensure they are continually meeting Best Buy Canada's support requirements and SLAs • Development and maintain relationships with key technology partners and vendors. • Provides development opportunities for direct reports that align with associate career goals and technology initiatives/priorities • Train, mentor, manage, and conduct regular team performance assessments. • Estimate team resource needs based on project and operational task demands.
Projects and Financial Responsibility
• Partner with IT Procurement and Finance to review leasing options and planning for end of lease options • Partner with IT Procurement with requests and creation of quotes, RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and Purchase orders • Develop hardware and software maintenance plan to manage costs • Provide input to annual budgeting process for capital expenditures for new equipment and systems, replacement equipment and annual maintenance expenditures • Continually review and ensure current support agreements and hardware/software agreements are structured to provide Best Buy Canada with the greatest efficiencies and cost savings. The experience you need...
• 7+ Years in Information Technology Infrastructure field • 5+ Years' experience in infrastructure operations • 3+ Years' experience managing a technical infrastructure team in one of the relevant areas. (Unix, Wintel, Virtualization & Cloud, Storage & Backups) • Must have extensive experience and advanced knowledge of VMware technologies. • Must have experience in developing and maintaining budgets, forecasts, project schedules and leading associates within a variety of projects essential to the job • Must have experience building business cases for IT Infrastructure initiatives • Experience with the following technologies: Enterprise Storage, Servers, Virtualization, Middleware, DB - Medium to Large Enterprise experience with server hardware technologies, converged infrastructure, VMware, VDI, Linux, Solaris, Windows Server, Middleware technologies (eg. JBOSS, Informatica, WebLogic), SQL, Oracle, EMC, NetApp • Medium to Large Enterprise experience with data centre operations, colocation providers, public/private cloud Bonus...
• 10+ Years in Information Technology Infrastructure field with progressive advancement. • 5+ Years' experience managing a technical infrastructure team in two or all of the relevant areas. (Unix, Wintel, Virtualization & Cloud, Storage & Backups) • Experience with Software-Defined Storage solutions. (ie. Nexenta, GlusterFS, Ceph, VSan, ScaleIO, StoreVirtual VSA, MS Clustered Storage Spaces and Storage Spaces Direct • ITIL V3 • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field • MSITP, MCA, VCP, CCA, CCNP, PMP, RHCA We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology.
Posted: December 11, 2018
Closes: February 9, 2019