As our IT Helpdesk Administrator
, you will find creative ways to keep us up and running and look for innovative ways to support us. You are as service-oriented as they come and you run our IT function like a well-oiled machine. We need someone who wants to deliver 5-diamond service to everyone in the company as well as maintaining and developing our systems. You find solutions to current challenges while proactively mitigating potential risks to productivity. You are always looking for cutting edge technology to drive our business forward.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done."Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Degree, diploma or certificate in information systems with a minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in IT
- Project management skills - must be able to multitask, we'll be asking for examples here
- Knowledge of centralized and distributed computing systems/wide area and local area networks/desktop computing resources
- Awesome verbal and written communication skills, attentiveness to detail - show initiative
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of vendors and service providers
- HTML and CSS skills - Java and JS skills are an asset
- Internet/Infrastructure - Maintaining and managing all aspects of Tractions network by managing our providers, monitoring our bandwidth, Meraki administration, addition of CAT5e connections, cabling. Maintaining wireless network by managing the Ubiquity disks, guest network, and ensuring only approved people are on the WiFi, others on Guest.
- Technology - Managing and maintaining all hardware, defining specifications. Ensuring all monitors are running with cool dashboards/reports. Monitoring usage of software, suggests licensing management, ensure team has what they need to SaaS, CTI adapters, and make suggestions on peripherals. Doing cools things with our SMART boards
- Cisco Telephony and phones - Addition of phone lines, troubleshooting, keeping VM up and running, awesome hold music.
- Onboarding - Set up new hardware/software and access for new hires. Walk new employees through the setup and ensure all access is up and running in a timely manner.
- Support - Set up new hardware/software (OS/Office/Adobe/Cloud) and access for new hires. Walk new employees through the setup and ensure all access is up and running in a timely manner.
- Sourcing - the best deals on the planet for the coolest stuff!
- Any other things we dream up - cause we definitely do make our dreams reality.
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll contact you for a phone interview.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Posted: October 11, 2018
Closes: December 10, 2018