The Ballard IT Security Team has an exciting opportunity for an IT Compliance and Privacy Analyst
at the corporate head office in Burnaby. The successful candidate must be a critical thinker, demonstrating sound professional judgement, detail oriented and proactive in taking security related actions.Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the IT Compliance Program in alignment with internal and audit requirements.
- Serve as a point person for, and coordinate responses to, regulatory inquiries, due diligence requests and external audit requests (e.g., ISO 27001, SOX 404, GDPR, PIPA)
- Maintain Cloud Governance program and play an active role in the Risk Assessment and Risk Management process
- Acting as key stakeholder in the company's IT audits and related activities.
- Conduct and maintain Privacy Impact assessments (PIA), assess business policies to ensure organization meets privacy requirements.
- Maintenance of policies, procedures, and other documentation as they relate to Information Security.
- Overseeing the Security Awareness Training and provides ad-hoc education to staff.
- Acting as point of contact for internal inquiries regarding information security, notifies staff of security related updates via internal communication channels
- Lead special projects, as needed
- Hold a bachelor's degree in computer science.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in IT audit field, or public company industry experience in related field, or a combination of both
- Have a demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment with changing priorities. Possess critical thinking and analytical ability.
- Deeply understand information security concepts and IT functions.
- Have experience auditing in cloud environments, familiarity with Azure, AWS and serverless environments.
- Hold knowledge of privacy frameworks including GDPR, PIPA, FOIPA.
- Are well versed in IT audit standards such as SOC2 and ISO27001.
- Are detail oriented and highly organized (experience in project management is considered an asset).
- Certifications in CISA, CRISC would be given preference
- Demonstrated experience in building scalable business processes across departments.
Please submit a cover letter with an updated resume with your application. Our Values
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellent | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Manufacturing and Production