Position Title: IT Business Operations Lead (Victoria)
Reports To: Strategic Vendor Management and IT Business Operations
Location: Victoria, BC
Reference: # ZC-2018116
MAXIMUS Canada has an immediate opening for an IT Business Operations Lead with a successful track record of managing the business operations aspects of a complex IT department.
The IT Business Operations Lead will be responsible for the budgeting, procurement, financial modeling, supplier management, asset and software license management, and contract negotiations for the IT department of MAXIMUS Canada.
The IT Business Operations Lead will work closely with the IT Management Team, IT Architects, Project Managers and Business Development teams to ensure future infrastructure investments have been appropriately planned, costed, and procured such that the Infrastructure Operations team is able to implement the required infrastructure on time to enable project delivery teams meet their commitments.
In addition, the IT Business Operations Lead will also own the short and long term IT financial plan in alignment with finance and accounting.
• Develop and manage the IT budget/forecast and schedule according to fiscal year plans, organizational units and project initiatives.
• Coordinate vendor quotes, purchase orders and invoice sign-off for all IT procurement
• Ensure IT costs are appropriately allocated to projects and clients
• Participate in the development of a shared services model for common IT services
• Manage software licenses, ensure compliance and oversee license audits
• Maintain hardware/software maintenance schedules monitor product support lifecycle with vendors
• Analyze spending trends for consumptions based services to ensure value for money and escalate vendor billing issues
• Lead IT and Facility cost modeling for new business opportunities and major projects
• Conduct market research on products, services and standards in support of all infrastructure capabilities and lead development of business cases
• Participate in supplier selections; prepare Request for Proposals (RFP's), evaluate bid proposals, review and negotiate contracts, and develop statements of work
• Establish and maintain supplier and vendor relationships
• Manage strategic vendors' performance, service level agreements and escalations
• Provide financial modelling expertise to other departments as part of cross-functional project teams
• Work with Finance and Corporate Services to support financial, security, and risk audits
Education & Experience:
• MBA or other Business and/or Finance related education from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in information systems, computer science, or related field
• Demonstrated experience financial modelling and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Proven functional experience in the role or similar type of role
• Project Management experience
• Broad knowledge in IT Systems and Infrastructure
• Experience in setting technical directions and strategies
• Contract management and supplier management experience
• Experience with working with Government Procurement and Government Information Systems
• Experience with managing or developing responses to Request for Proposals
• Asset management and software license management experience
• Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead a team
• Ability to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to seek peer and supervisory guidance on complex challenges
Connect with employer:
About MAXIMUS Canada
MAXIMUS is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and aro...