ISL R24 - Senior Software Tester Position Classification
Information Systems R24 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
6/28/2022 Job Type
Temporary Assignment (TA) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> BC Pension Corp Ministry Branch / Division
Business Services Job Summary Senior Software TesterBranch:
Information Systems R24Job Type
:Regular, full timeUnion/Excluded:
:$70,950.64 to $80,892.74 per annum (salary includes a 6.6% temporary market adjustment)Competition
:June 28, 2022Criminal Record Chec
Additional:Multiple temporary appointments available. The estimated duration of these appointments is six months. These appointments may be extended or may become regular.
An eligibility list to fill future vacancies may be established.
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
BC Pension Corporation is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID-19 while supporting our culture of community and connection in our hybrid workplace. We have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees, as a condition of their employment, to confidentially self-disclose to the Corporation that they are fully vaccinated (two COVID-19 vaccinations). Details about the COVID-19 verification process will be provided at the time of offer.The opportunity
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
We are seeking Senior Software Testers
to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As a Senior Software Tester, you will be responsible for reviewing requirements documentation and technical specifications, developing, and executing Test cases. You will work collaboratively with the Test team to define and apply innovative test strategies and approaches to enhance the overall efficiency of testing at BC Pension Corporation.
The Senior Software Tester will manage the workflow, prioritization of tasks and defects for high-priority projects to drive our Information Technology Services division strategy forward. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to leverage your experience and expertise as a software tester to continuously ensure and improve the quality of our systems and applications. You'll also serve as a mentor to junior team members.What do you need to succeed?Must have
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered. Diversity & Inclusion
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of two years of recent practical experience is required in the following:
- Software Testing & STLC
- Developing and executing test cases and documenting test results
- Interpreting functional and technical specifications
- Defect tracking
- Mentoring peers and junior staff
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us atJob Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive