ISL 30R - Senior Business Analyst
Information Systems R30
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services
Ministry Branch / Division
Information Communcations Technologies
Job Summary Senior Business Analyst Information Systems R30
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here . Your skills, confidence and initiative will be valued in this challenging role
The BC Government and public sector partner organizations, including all ministries, health authorities, school districts and major Crown corporations, rely on telecom services to carry out their day-to-day work. Telecom services are continually being integrated into more public sector programs and processes as government continues to digitally transform services to citizens.
The Information Communication Technologies (ICT) team delivers on its mandate by providing leadership and expertise for the expansion, coordination, and provisioning of telecom services by leveraging more than $100 million of consolidated annual spend, utilizing best-in-class vendor management practices, identifying, and recommending other types of services and contracts required, and researching innovation and technology to enable the digital transformation of government. This small, high-performing team is responsible for ensuring key telecom services are identified, procured and available to government and public sector partners to achieve their business objectives.
This is a senior individual role providing business analysis and consulting services, planning ongoing business and technology needs consistent with government and public sector partners' strategic plans, and interfacing requirements of government and public sector partners. This role functions as a senior level specialist, writing positionpapers, preparing presentations for public sector organizations' executive, and directing strategies and standards to be followed by other members of the team.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Caroline.Hergt@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Degree in the computer field AND at least 10 years experience, OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- 5 + years experience providing business analysis for key front-line systems with complex interactive business processes and having multi-organization impacts.
- 5 + years experience assessing customer requirements, documenting, recommending, developing, and implementing technical and business solutions.
- 10+ years experience in providing business analysis for key front-line systems with complex interactive business processes and having multi-organization impacts.
- 10+ years experience assessing customer requirements, documenting, recommending, developing, and implementing technical and business solutions.
- Telecommunications experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive