ISL 30R - Manager, Development - CISO Position Classification
Information Systems R30 Union
Burnaby, BC V8J 1O1 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$79,530.36 to $90,884.16 per annum. PLUS 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
12/8/2021 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Liquor Distribution Branch Ministry Branch / Division
BC Liquor Distribution Branch Job Summary Manager, Development - CISO
Information Systems R30
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required by November 22, 2021. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of 'Service. Relationships. Results.' is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations - from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC's Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
The information technology (IT) team is highly customer focused and directly supports four distinct lines of business: retail liquor, wholesale liquor, cannabis, and corporate. These line of business IT teams are supported overall by both a Chief Information Security Officer and a Chief Technical Officer and their respective departments to ensure the organization prioritizes security and innovation.
At present the technology team consists of more than 200 full-time employees, and has also adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages external expertise, Cloud SaaS based services and government shared services as appropriate.
The teams integrate, maintain and enhance more than 80 business systems on a hybrid on-premises and cloud infrastructure. These include:
- Merchandising and retail store systems that process 40 million plus customer transactions per year.
- Wholesale, distribution and warehouse systems that enable the movement of 17 million plus cases per year.
- Corporate finance systems to service an annual budget of approximately $3 billion and HR and payroll systems to service more than 5000 employees.
The CISO Department is a highly specialized team which is responsible for the securing the organization against the ever-evolving cybersecurity threat landscape and is structured accordingly to the National Institute of Standards & Technology's Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF) which has five domains of responsibilities:
- Identify: Develop an organizational understanding to manage cybersecurity risks to the systems, data, people, assets, and capabilities.
- Protect: Develop and implement appropriate safeguards and mitigation strategies to ensure delivery of critical business services.
- Detect: Develop and implement appropriate processes, procedures, and automated systems to detect any occurrence of a cybersecurity event/incident.
- Respond: Develop and implement appropriate processes, procedures, and systems to respond to any detected cybersecurity event/incident including the collection and preservation of evidence of said incident.
- Recover: Develop and implement appropriate processes, procedures, and systems to maintain and execute plans for systems resiliency, recovery, and restoration of any capabilities and/or services impaired by a cybersecurity event/incident.
The Manager, Development is responsible for leading the continuing development of an overall strategic direction, policies and procedures for the Chief Information Security Office to support LDB's respective lines of business: retail liquor, wholesale liquor, corporate, and cannabis. This role is responsible for analyzing software implementations and designs, as part of the systems development lifecycle management of projects/programs/initiatives, to identify and resolve any security issues that might exist and provides direction to a team of Developers. This role manages a methodology-driven quality plan, monitors the quality of deliverables, and participates in the customer acceptance and completion activities.
A criminal record check is required. Candidates residing outside of the Lower Mainland will be considered for remote working opportunities.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job description, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established.
Consider an IM/IT Career with the BC Public Service:
Jump start your Security Career
Are you interested in a career as a security professional?
Jump start your Security Career - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) Position Requirements: Education and Experience:
Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or related field with 7 years recent, related experience*
A combination of education, training and experience may be considered i.e., 10 years of recent, related experience* with formal course work and/or certifications in computer science or related field .
* Recent, related experience must have occurred in the last 10 years and must include the following:
- Experience leading and managing the development, implementation and/or upgrade of security application packages and/or development of security software/solutions.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture.
- Project Management experience including change management.
Preference may be given to those candidates with any of the following:
How to Apply & Application Requirements:
- Project Management designation (i.e., PMP).
- Experience designing, creating, debugging, maintaining, and supporting system/application security.
- Background in cybersecurity and dealing with security threats.
- Experience leading senior level IT professionals to support delivery of strategic results.
- Experience in business transformation initiatives.
- Experience in a Wholesale or Retail environment.
- Experience leading teams using Agile, Scrum, or Kanban.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above. Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies as outlined in the attached Job Description.
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
For specific position-related enquiries, please contact Taylor Mammel, Chief Information Security Officer Director IT Retail Liquor at 604-252-6356.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the attached Application Instructions or refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
before the stated closing time, and they will respond as soon as possible to assist you. Note:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive