ISL 30R - Lead Data Architect Position Classification
Information Systems R30 Union
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
5/25/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Municipal Affairs Ministry Branch / Division
Information Systems Branch/Management Services Job Summary Lead Data Architect
Information Systems R30
An eligibility list may be established to fill future, similar opportunities.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your strong analytical and technical skills to this dynamic opportunity
The Lead Data Architect provides expert direction, outlines broad context, determines major long-term strategic priorities, develops policies and sets standards for data administration and the ministry's data architecture, ensuring integrity for the ministry's data resource, and making the ministry a leader in managing information for effective business use.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career.Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Ashwin.Lunkad@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time , and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*Related Experience must include:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent, AND four years related experience*; OR
- Diploma in one of the above fields, AND five years related experience*; OR
- Certificate, program completion, or some course work in one of the above fields AND six years related experience*; OR
- An equivalent combination of related education, training AND seven years related experience* may be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following:
- Experience in information resource management, corporate data design, data modeling, data analysis, data warehousing and data management principles.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience managing contracts and projects.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Experience with SQL development.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive