ISL 30R - Lead Data Architect *CLOSING DATE EXTENDED* Position Classification
Information Systems R30 Union
Coquitlam, BC V3K 7B9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$79,530.36 - $90,884.16 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment Close Date
5/24/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure Ministry Branch / Division
Information Management Branch Job Summary Lead Data Architect
Information Systems R30 AMENDMENT: May 12, 2022 - Closing date extended to May 24, 2022
An eligibility list may be established. This position can be based in any of the following MOTI offices: Victoria, Prince George or Coquitlam. We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework part-time (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service.More information can be found here . Bring your strong analytical and technical skills to this dynamic opportunity
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans and improves transportation networks, builds new infrastructure, provides transportation services, and implements transportation policies, to allow for the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. The Information Management Branch is currently working on some interesting and innovative initiatives with business areas in the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. As the Lead Data Architect, you may be contributing to the following initiatives:
- Internet of Things (IoT) Platform: Implement a small scale IoT platform using Azure Cloud services to demonstrate the feasibility and value of using a centralized system to manage the collection, storage, and sharing of sensor data.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse & Analytics Environment: Identifying key information assets in the Ministry and building a modern enterprise data warehouse environment. The resulting environment will include an integrated data platform for data storage and data access, facilitating data science and analytics.
- DriveBC Application: Working towards building a new DriveBC web application to better inform the travelling public of road conditions and events on provincial highways. https://www.drivebc.ca/
The Lead Data Architect provides expert direction, outlines broad context, determines major long-term strategic priorities, develops policies and sets standards for data administration and the ministry's data architecture, ensuring integrity for the ministry's data resource, and making the ministry a leader in managing information for effective business use.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.For specific position related enquiries, please contact Penny.Verhagen@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Degree in information technology, computer science or equivalent AND four years of related experience; OR,
- Diploma in information technology, computer science or equivalent AND five years of related experience; OR,
- A Certificate, program completion, or some course work, AND six years related experience ; OR,
- An equivalent combination of related education, training AND seven years related experience may be considered.
- 2 years of experience developing Data Architecture standards and ensuring compliance.
- 2 years of experience providing Data Architecture services in a development environment using standard data modelling and database tools.
- 2 years of experience supervising staff or contractors and leading project teams.
- Experience in information resource management, corporate data design, data modeling, data analysis, data warehousing and data management principles.
- Experience developing data architecture designs for complex enterprise systems including data integration.
- Experience working with a variety of Data Systems such as MS SQL Server, PostGreSQL or Oracle.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience in managing contracts and contractors.
- Experience with enterprise data modelling and architecture tools such as ER/Studio.
- Experience working with Cloud technologies such as MS Azure or AWS.
- Experience conducting data model quality assurance reviews.
- Experience leading Enterprise Data Governance.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Questionnaire (BASIC): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology
Information Technology Management and Executive